Below ‘Horizon’ Trailer, Coming to Xbox One & Steam
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth Coming This Fall
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth is a new science-fiction-themed entry into the award-winning Civilization series. Set in the future, global events have destabilized the world leading to a collapse of modern society, a new world order and an uncertain future for humanity. As the human race struggles to recover, the re-developed nations focus their resources on deep space travel to chart a new beginning for mankind.
As part of an expedition sent to find a home beyond Earth, you will write the next chapter for humanity as you lead your people into a new frontier and create a new civilization in space. Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world. As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony, to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities.
• Seed the Adventure: Establish your cultural identity by choosing one of eight different expedition sponsors, each with its own leader and unique gameplay benefits. Assemble your spacecraft, cargo & colonists through a series of choices that directly seed the starting conditions when arriving at the new planet.
• Colonize an Alien World: Explore the dangers and benefits of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources, and hostile life forms unlike those of Earth. Build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for your people.
• Technology Web: To reflect progress forward into an uncertain future, technology advancement occurs through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The technology web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
• Quest System: Quests are injected with fiction about the planet, and help to guide you through a series of side-missions that will aid in resource collection, unit upgrades, and advancement through the game.
• Orbital Layer: Build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific units that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.
• Unit Customization: Unlock different upgrades through the tech web and customize your units to reflect your play style.
• Multiplayer: Up to 8 players can compete for dominance of a new alien world.
• Mod support: Robust mod support allows you to customize and extend your game experience.
The Last of Us/Uncharted studio marks its anniversary with a lavish art book
Yess, you read the headline right. Back in 1984 Andrew Gavin and Jason Rubin formed a company called JAM (Jason and Andy Magic) Software. Five years later, after finding new publishing support, the game development company with the very ’80s name incorporated as Naughty Dog, Inc. Fast forward to 2014, tally up over 70 million games sold globally, and we’re now celebrating 30 years of making awesome games.
One of the hallmarks of Naughty Dog always has been our top-notch artistic quality and talent. We’re paying tribute to that this year as we’re teaming up with Dark Horse Comics to release The Art of Naughty Dog.
The Art of Naughty Dog will be available later this year. It will span the history of Naughty Dog and feature hand-picked and never before released artwork depicting our past, present, and future. Being around for 30 years has bestowed upon us all kinds of incredible art from our amazing fans. Select fan art will be a chapter of the book as well.
To mark the occasion properly we’re having a book launch event later in the year. We’ll have more details once the pages and the plans are ready.
We’ll have other celebratory merchandise available and have some very special events planned over the next few months. We’re currently at PAX East with the rest of our PlayStation Family and there are hints at what’s coming for our anniversary in our activities there. Also, if you didn’t hear the news, it was recently announced that we are participating in Operation Supply Drop’s 8-Bit Salute. We encourage you to check out Team Naughty Dog’s fundraising page today.
This kicks off several anniversary announcements happening over the coming months. Turning 30 is going to be a fun year for us all. Get ready to celebrate with us!
Destiny - New Screens, Each Location in Destiny About “the Size of Halo: Reach,” Over 500 People Working on the Title
Big, meet bigger. Bungie software engineer Christian Diefenbach has revealed that each major location in the forthcoming Destiny is “more or less the same size” as an entire game - Halo Reach, to be specific.
Speaking to Brazilian website Jogos, Diefenbach also revealed that there are over 500 people working on Destiny, where 130 people worked on the original Halo.
As you hopefully know by now, the game casts players as Guardians, and sees you exploring the wreckage of a human solar empire for secrets, ancient weapons and things to blow up or run away from. According to Diefenbach, Destiny employs two perspectives: you’ll fight in first person while out and about, but exploration of social areas (where you’ll meet other players and choose missions) takes place in third person, the better to appreciate your costume and loadout.
Find out everything there is to know about the combat system in Bound by Flame! The most ambitious RPG to date from developers Spiders studios is set for release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on May 9, 2014, and we can now unveil a video dedicated to the Bound by Flame combat system!
The spectacular and highly tactical battles in Bound by Flame present a real challenge to players. so rashly plunging headlong into the melee is the shortest way to the load saved game menu!
The video comprises numerous gameplay sequences and a detailed commentary describes the combat system and game mechanics that work in synergy: from the various options available to the player in the skill trees (Warrior, Ranger and Pyromancer) to choosing your companions, the variety in the impressive bestiary, the crafting system that enables you to customize your equipment and the player’s human/demon duality, which will have a strong influence on your combat strategy.
Bound by Flame will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on May 9, 2014.