The Evolution of The PlayStation Controller
- 1995 – PlayStation Control Pad: Shaping the Future
- 1997 – Dual Analog: More Power to Your Thumbs
- 1998 – DualShock: A Shock to the System
The first PlayStation controller with vibration feedback and the last to be released for PlayStation, the DualShock let you physically feel the force of a Tekken 3 beatdown. Some developers realised that having two motors allowed for stereo vibration feedback; the helicopter scenes in the original Metal Gear Solid were particularly impressive in this respect.
- 2000 – DualShock 2: Analogue Accuracy
- 2006 – Sixaxis Controller: Look… No Wires
- 2007 – DualShock 3: Return of the Rumble
- 2013 - "Share" button as one of the biggest features of the DualShock 4, allowing players to easily send tidbits like video clips and screenshots to places such as Ustream, Facebook and, naturally, the firm’s own PlayStation Network. Has enhanced rumble capabilities.