by Eric Proctor
PS4 Hits 6 Million, Ushers in New Era of Social Gameplay
As you’ve probably read by now, cumulative PS4 sales have now surpassed six million units worldwide following the successful launch in Japan just over a week ago. It’s truly humbling to see the rate at which gamers across the globe are choosing PS4 as their next gen console of choice. Even more exciting is what happens when gamers power up their PS4s. In the United States, more than 90% of PS4s are online, enabling gamers to connect, compete and share their greatness with friends and fellow gamers.
There have now been more than 3.6 million live broadcasts, and more than 56 million spectate sessions on PS4 through Twitch and Ustream. In fact, since January 1st, PS4 gamers account for 20% of daily broadcasters on Twitch. PS4 owners are also embracing the Share button on the DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller, with more than 100 million shares captured as fans show friends their latest achievements on Facebook and Twitter.
And soon, you’ll be able to share your greatness in new ways. Developers are beginning to take advantage of PS4’s new interactive live broadcasting gaming features, integrating modes that allow broadcasted gameplay to become interactive for spectators. Even as a viewer, you can now influence livestreamed gameplay.
For example, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition features a built-in Broadcast+ mode where you can stream your gameplay while viewers on the PS4 or a web browser influence positive and negative effects during gameplay. More social feedback is on the way too, with Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition in March and Daylight in April.
via: PlayStation Blog
The Division ~ New Screens
SOMA ‘Theta’ Trailer - Why are they killing themselves?
From Frictional Games, creators of Penumbra and Amnesia, SOMA is a journey into the dark recesses hidden between sanity and the incomprehensible.
Theta is the newest environmental highlight, featuring early in-game footage and scenes.
Child of Light Co-op Trailer
Sniper Elite 3 Releases in North America on July 1, 2014
Some say Hitler shot himself in a bunker in Berlin in 1945. Others believe he fell to a sniper bullet two years earlier during a secret trip to North Africa. Or was it his double? Decide for yourself when you get your hands on Sniper Elite 3’s pre-order bonus “Hunt The Grey Wolf.”
Hitler, Allied code name “Grey Wolf”, and his double have embarked upon a clandestine trip to the Libyan port town of Tobruk in 1942. In order to prepare for this mission, and that crucial final shot, you must infiltrate the ancient streets and crumbling rooftops of the German-held town using stealth and distraction. Featuring an expansive open environment, and randomized target identities, journals and locations, no two playthroughs will be the same. The question is – can you tell fact from fiction, the real target from the double?
You can pre-order Sniper Elite 3 at GameStop or other major retailers. The collector’s edition for Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 features a limited edition ammo tin box, dossier, three exclusive ammo and weapon DLC packs, collectible playing cards, sniper shooting range target, dog tag and a bullet-shaped torch pen.
The latest chapter in the award winning series, Sniper Elite 3 takes players to the unforgiving yet exotic terrain of WWII’s North Africa conflict in a battle against a deadly new foe. Sniper Elite 3 will release at retail in North America on July 1, 2014 for Xbox One, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 4 system and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. The game will also release digitally on July 1 for Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PlayStation Network for both PlayStation 4 system and PlayStation 3 system. The PC version, which is being self-published by Rebellion, will release on June 27.
Titanfall Season Pass has three content packs, will run you $29.99
Get the Titanfall Season Pass and extend the fight on the Frontier with three new content packs. The Season Pass expands Titanfall by delivering all three planned content packs as soon as they become available at a one-time price of $24.99, a savings of $5. REQUIRES TITANFALL FOR XBOX ONE, XBOX 360 AND XBOX LIVE GOLD, BOTH SOLD SEPARATELY.
For Origin PC gamers we have introduced the Titanfall Digital Deluxe offering which includes both Titanfall for PC and the Season Pass for $79.99. This offering is available now for pre-order within the Origin store.
If you’ve already pre-ordered the standalone game on Origin, we encourage you to take advantage of the Titanfall Digital Deluxe Edition. Please contact EA Help to change your pre-order from Titanfall Standard Edition to Titanfall Digital Deluxe Edition. Representatives will be glad to help you adjust your order to secure your Season Pass content for less.
- Where can I buy the Season Pass for Xbox One, PC or Xbox 360?
- You can purchase the Titanfall Season Pass at participating retailers beginning on March 11th for Xbox One and March 25th for Xbox 360. You can purchase the Season Pass for PC via Origin starting today! Full details for the PC season Pass can be found here:https://www.origin.com/store/buy/titanfall/pc-download/addon/titanfall-season-pass
- Is the Titanfall Digital Deluxe available on Xbox Games Store?
- The Titanfall Digital Deluxe offer is only available for PC and can be purchased on Origin here: https://www.origin.com/store/buy/titanfall/pc-download/base-game/digital-deluxe-edition
- What content is included within the Season Pass.
- Each content pack will contain new Maps. All other content is still to be determined and will be announced as we get closer to their release.
- Where can I buy the Titanfall Digital Deluxe?
- You can purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition of Titanfall here:https://www.origin.com/store/buy/titanfall/pc-download/base-game/digital-deluxe-edition
- Will the Titanfall content packs be available individually?
- Each Titanfall content pack will be available for individual purchase upon their release. You will not be required to purchase the Season Pass.
- Will my Season Pass provide content for both Xbox One and Xbox 360?
- The Titanfall Season Pass will only provide you access for content for the platform your purchase it for. If you purchase the Season Pass for Xbox One, it will allow you access to the 3 individual content packs for Xbox One only.
Titanfall season pass confirmed
"We’re going to do paid DLC, we’re also going to do free updates," Zampella told GameSpot. "There are things that we want in the game that we didn’t get to ship in the final game. So we’ll add private matches and things like that for free. There will be some paid DLC. We’re going to do a season pass just because if you buy it up front, it’s a deal. We’re not going to do microtransactions. So a season pass is just buy it up front, and you get a better price."
Coming to Xbox One and PC on March 11, while the Xbox 360 version outsourced to Bluepoint Games is due on March 25
Twitching (Twitch Plays Pokemon)
Xbox One March Update Rolling Out Now, Details
Prepare for Titanfall: Marc Whitten Provides Details on Xbox One March Update
As a gamer, I couldn’t be more excited for the upcoming launch of “Titanfall.” I’ve played the game and it’s awesome – I can’t wait to see you online! This launch is particularly special because our team has been working to make Xbox Live on Xbox One the best place to play.
We have received lots of feedback since the launch of Xbox One in November and listening closely to you. I’m excited to share that our second, and most significant, system update for Xbox One is starting to roll out today and includes improved matchmaking, party chat and friends features that will make gaming on Xbox One an experience like no other. To me that means playing games like “Titanfall” on the best multiplayer service on the planet, using a new headset or the one you already own, while live broadcasting your games on Twitch.
Here’s a breakdown of more of the features in the March update, addressing some of the biggest feedback you’ve shared:
• Get to your friends list faster. The friends list is now front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
• Party chat on by default. When you party up, chat audio is turned on by default.
• Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat is now separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
• “Invite friends to game” option available in your multiplayer titles. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, when you’re inside a game’s menu you have a simpler and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” lets you invite friends to your game and party.
• See a list of “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, add new friends after your multiplayer sessions, or report a player for bad behavior.
• Twitch live streaming support. The best broadcasting and spectating experience on any game console is on its way to Xbox One with the new Twitch app launching on March 11, just say “Xbox broadcast” to start sharing. Xbox One is the only next-gen console that allows you to archive your Twitch broadcasts and view live Twitch streams regardless of their original source.
• Dolby Digital sound. Optical out now supports 5.1 Dolby Digital, enabling devices such as sound bars and headsets with only optical in to be able to receive 5.1 Dolby Digital from Xbox One over optical. We’re also adding support for Dolby Digital surround sound over HDMI. Now you’ll be able to have the best sound quality no matter what speaker setup you are using.
• We will now support 50Hz output to Xbox One. You can set the live TV app to display at 50Hz for full or fill modes, fixing the frame rate issues some users in Europe have been experiencing while watching live TV on Xbox One.
There are some other really great updates coming in March that may be less obvious, but still important to you. Here are some of my other favorites:
• Volume up/down adjustments. We’re making it easier to adjust the volume on your Xbox One. Now, you can tailor the number of volume increments when using “Xbox volume up” or “Xbox volume down” voice commands.
• New ways to stay connected with SmartGlass. We’re introducing new ways for you to stay connected with your friends through Xbox One SmartGlass. Receive notifications of Xbox Live messages, check out what your friends are doing, and see their latest highlight clips. You can even unsnap apps with the tap of a finger – all from your personal device.
• Support for new Xbox One accessories. Xbox One now supports the recently announced Xbox One Stereo Headset and Adapter and Adapter, the Xbox One Media Remote with a dedicated OneGuide button, as well as third party headsets.
• Browser improvements. When you’re searching for content, there’s now a direct link to IE to see related results on the web. New gesture and controller features let you directly zoom and pan Bing and Google maps. And search is even faster in IE – just highlight a phrase on a web page and press the menu button to search Bing and learn more.
• IR blasting of power and volume to TVs/AVRs is now available in all regions.
• Easy sound bar setup. Your audio sound bar set up just got a lot easier. You no longer need to type in the model number for most sound bars or AVRs when setting up TV on Xbox One.
• General improvements. Last, but not least, a few miscellaneous updates like the ability to view Game Clips while in Snap mode and a new passkey feature to protect user settings.
This is such an exciting time to be on Xbox One. This update starts rolling out today and marks a big milestone on our journey to bring you the best games and entertainment experiences on Xbox One. Now we’re counting down the days along with you until Titanfall and Twitch launch next week on March 11.
We value all of the feedback we’re getting from you. Keep it coming! We are listening. We know external hard drive storage is another big one on your list. It’s on our list too. We’re working on that for a future update and will keep you posted. We’re also working on friends notification improvements and experimenting with how to make that better. Just as we do with Xbox 360, we’ll be continuing regular updates to Xbox One – some will be big, like this March update, and some will be smaller. Big or small, we’re committed to delivering continuous innovation through system updates like this one. Thanks for your feedback.
Game Informer April Cover Revealed ~ Batman: Arkham Knight coming to PS4/XB1/PC
Batman: Arkham Knight Announcement Trailer
conclusion to the series of award-winning, best-selling titles Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. Batman: Arkham Knight is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license and will be available exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC. The game is scheduled for release worldwide in 2014.
In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever. Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City.
“Batman: Arkham Knight is the pinnacle game of our hugely successful franchise, and we are giving players the most expansive, impressive title in the series,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “The Rocksteady Studios team is continuing to focus on the excellent gameplay for which they are known while delivering a thrilling new experience for gamers and Batman fans.”
“The team at Rocksteady Studios is putting a tremendous amount of work into delivering the final chapter of our Batman: Arkham trilogy so that fans can feel what it’s like to be the Batman,” said Sefton Hill, Game Director at Rocksteady Studios. “We’re excited to be developing the game for next-gen platforms, which has allowed us to bring to life the design elements that we envisioned from the beginning such as the Batmobile and how it augments Batman’s abilities, to the fully detailed and realized Gotham City.”
For more information on Batman: Arkham Knight, please visit batmanarkhamknight.com, facebook.com/BatmanArkham or twitter.com/BatmanArkham