Infamous: Second Son Patch Out Tomorrow, Photo Mode
I have some good news for you. We’ve made great progress on the inFAMOUS Second Son patch on PS4 I promised you a couple weeks back. In fact, we expect to publish it on PSN tomorrow, April 17th.
Now first, let me update you on the specifics I promised, and then toss in a few extra goodies that we managed to squeeze in when nobody was looking. First — addressing one of the top two requests we’ve gotten — you’ll be able to disable the HUD, and once you’ve finished the game you’ll be able to adjust the time of day as you like.
We also promised, and have included, an option to cap the game frame rate at 30 FPS if you prefer playing this way. To set expectations for you all: this is a frame rate cap — not a lock. It won’t eliminate the rare instance of a dropped frame during gameplay.
But that’s all stuff you expected. Let’s talk about a few surprises, saving the best for last:
• A handful of localization text changes, and a couple of fixes for rare crashes in the game (Thanks to all of you who uploaded reports on those, they were extremely helpful!). • If your controller runs out of batteries in the middle of gameplay, your game will pause. Our art director pulled a hamstring scrambling to get his second controller mid-boss-battle, so we needed to fix this. • If you’re choosing expert difficulty, we let you know within the options dialog if you’re qualified for the “Unstoppable” trophy the moment you opt in. • Photo Mode.
Wait, what’s that last one? We were totally amazed at the quality of the screenshots you all shared. Amazed. So we thought we’d try to help you all out. With this patch, you can enable photo mode within the options. Once you do that, clicking L3 will pause the game, and allow you to use a suite of our internal tools (like setting depth of field) to take even more amazing shots.
To hold you over until the patch goes live tomorrow, check out the brief video tutorial above showing how the Photo Mode works!
Final full disclosures and fine print: these options and settings, including frame rate, will reset to defaults each time you restart the game. We chose to not disturb our game save file format with this patch in order get these features to you as quickly as we could. Additionally, Photo Mode will only work in situations where the camera is freely movable by players. In scripted sequences/cutscenes you can still take screenshots of course, just not with the Photo Mode tools.
We hope you enjoy the new tools and the Photo Mode, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with! Enjoy, and talk again soon.
BioShock Infinite - Elizabeth Prototype Interview
Irrational discusses the original, mute “Gibson Girl” design of Elizabeth and why she didn’t end up in BioShock Infinite.
Child of Light -‘The World of Lemuria’ Trailer
Watch_Dogs Exclusive Series - Part 1: Telling a Story
Learn about what drives Aiden Pierce in this piece featuring never before seen gameplay from Watch_Dogs.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Launch Trailer
Below ‘Horizon’ Trailer, Coming to Xbox One & Steam
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth Coming This Fall
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth is a new science-fiction-themed entry into the award-winning Civilization series. Set in the future, global events have destabilized the world leading to a collapse of modern society, a new world order and an uncertain future for humanity. As the human race struggles to recover, the re-developed nations focus their resources on deep space travel to chart a new beginning for mankind.
As part of an expedition sent to find a home beyond Earth, you will write the next chapter for humanity as you lead your people into a new frontier and create a new civilization in space. Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world. As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony, to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities.
• Seed the Adventure: Establish your cultural identity by choosing one of eight different expedition sponsors, each with its own leader and unique gameplay benefits. Assemble your spacecraft, cargo & colonists through a series of choices that directly seed the starting conditions when arriving at the new planet.
• Colonize an Alien World: Explore the dangers and benefits of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources, and hostile life forms unlike those of Earth. Build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for your people.
• Technology Web: To reflect progress forward into an uncertain future, technology advancement occurs through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The technology web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
• Quest System: Quests are injected with fiction about the planet, and help to guide you through a series of side-missions that will aid in resource collection, unit upgrades, and advancement through the game.
• Orbital Layer: Build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific units that provide strategic offensive, defensive and support capabilities from orbit.
• Unit Customization: Unlock different upgrades through the tech web and customize your units to reflect your play style.
• Multiplayer: Up to 8 players can compete for dominance of a new alien world.
• Mod support: Robust mod support allows you to customize and extend your game experience.
Bound by Flame PS4 Combat Trailer, Details
Find out everything there is to know about the combat system in Bound by Flame! The most ambitious RPG to date from developers Spiders studios is set for release on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on May 9, 2014, and we can now unveil a video dedicated to the Bound by Flame combat system!
The spectacular and highly tactical battles in Bound by Flame present a real challenge to players. so rashly plunging headlong into the melee is the shortest way to the load saved game menu!
The video comprises numerous gameplay sequences and a detailed commentary describes the combat system and game mechanics that work in synergy: from the various options available to the player in the skill trees (Warrior, Ranger and Pyromancer) to choosing your companions, the variety in the impressive bestiary, the crafting system that enables you to customize your equipment and the player’s human/demon duality, which will have a strong influence on your combat strategy.
Bound by Flame will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC on May 9, 2014.
Child of Light PS4/Xbox One Gameplay Trailer
Watch_Dogs: GeForce GTX PC Technology Trailer
Ubisoft and NVIDIA have been working closely in order to create the most vivid and breath taking Chicago possible for the PC version of Watch_Dogs. Paul Vlasie, the PC Lead Engineer on Watch_Dogs, describes the NVIDIA technology integrated into the PC version of the game.
The Last of Us Remastered PS4 Teaser Trailer, 1080p
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel confirmed - gameplay video and screenshots
Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software and Tony Lawrence, general manager of 2K Australia introduce you to the next standalone AAA Borderlands game — Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Coming Fall 2014 to Xbox 360, PS3, and PC